How’s my game coming along? #indiedev #gamedev #gamemakerstudio
That is a little boring for you, so I figured I’d post an update (well, you can blame @JeffDev, as he wanted to see what I’m up to, so it’s all his fault [Thanks Jeff])
So, I’ve moved my project over from Gamemaker Studio 1.4 over to the new version of Gamemaker Studio 2, they have added a lot of new commands and got rid of a lot of commands, this means my project has what’s called ‘Comparability Scripts’ which makes my old code work on the new system. I don’t want that, so recently all I’ve been doing is going through my code and removing the old code and replacing it with new code, hence hopefully not using ‘compatibility scripts’ and hence not having any problems.
The game itself hasn’t really changed, just changing stuff under the hood, I’ve made a new friend who has stated he produce some graphics for it, so I’ve replaced my rooms with the brighter colour scheme that he provided. I also had to change the tile system (as it went from 1.4 to 2), I managed to get that fixed, and I also changed my logic, so a level can be generated, but now instead of it being a fixed size, it can be any size (and I mean, any size, so huge ones take a while to generate) but it works. Then I remove the rooms the player cannot get too, then I add the baddies, the doors, the weapons, keys, and go..